This Ramadan, Do Sadqa E Jariya For Those Who Have Passed Away
To Realize Our Vision, We Have Partnered With
About Ek Plate Biryani
We know how it feels…
And that is exactly why this project was started…
…to honor our loved ones…
And to show our love to them in a way that would matter to them…
The Best Way To Honor Them
to an end except three: ongoing charity, beneficial knowledge and a
righteous son who will pray for him.”
is best?” The Prophet said, “A drink of water.”
[Ibn Majah; Sunan al-Nasai]
And, what’s better than donating sadaqah-e-jariyah on their behalf with the best form of charity?
We might not be able to talk to them… but we can send them the gift
they need and will love.
You can donate hand pumps in the water-deprived areas of Thar in our
loved ones’ names to honor their memory and send them rewards that
will continue for years!
Why Hand Pumps In Thar
A population of 1.6 million people is living without access to clean,
fresh, drinkable water in the extremely hot desert…
Every year, they see hundreds of their children, elderly, and animals
die of thirst, malnourishment, and water-borne diseases…
If it is to choose between death due to thirst or death due to disease, she has to make a hard choice…
And, she chose to spend her time, her strength, and her life to increase the chances of survival for her family…
We, however, can help Laxmi save her family, give her
relief, and give them all a chance at better lives.
Water Can Change Lives In Thar
The only problem is that rainfall is rare…
The desert of Thar faces severe water scarcity because it relies on rainfall…
Thar: A Graveyard of Hand Pumps
Ek Plate Biryani aims for longer-lasting solutions: Deep-Well Hand Pumps
Hand Pumps To Last 15 - 20 Years: Hows & Whys?
- Fresh water within their village
- Last about 15 to 20 years
- Good for 250 – 400 people
- Saves 3 to 5 hours each day for the women
- Sufficient for about 800 animals
- Help reduce deaths (due to diseases) by 40%
Ek Plate Biryani -- An Organization Created To Help YOU Reach Out To Those In Need
- Ek Plate Biryani distributes ration packages containing full month’s grocery door-to-door in underprivileged areas regularly.
- We provide fresh, ready-to-eat meals for needy individuals. Over the last year, we have distributed food to 700,000 people.
- Our team has installed 18 hand pumps in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh, for the Rohingya community.
- In Thar, Pakistan, we have installed 194 hand pumps to cope with water shortages.
- We help a street school in Karachi with healthy breakfast and lunches for students.
- We have donated dialysis machines to SIUT, Pakistan’s best urology center.
Get Your Hand Pump Installed In Just A Few
Once the hand pump is ready, we email you the pictures and
videos of the hand pump.
You can ask for new pictures and videos later as well.
The Trust of 20,000 Donors Keep Us Motivated
Shall I give charity on her behalf?” The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Yes.” I said, “Which charity is best?” The Prophet said, “A drink of water.” I actually stumbled upon your instagram page going through my news feed so subhanallah it was by the qadr of Allah that I was granted the gift and ability to donate to your cause. I'm happy I did, and I hope it benefits all those who use it for many years to come.”
May Allah bless your team and increase in barakah on this and all the pumps and amenities you have built in the past and will build in the future. May Allah accept our deed and effort. Ameen.”
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I donate for a hand pump in installments?
Yes, you may donate $100/month for 10 months. You can do so here:
- How can I be sure that the donation is going to the right place?
Once the hand pump is done, we send out pictures, videos, and location details to the donors who donate for a full hand pump. The rest are posted on our social media.
- Can I visit the area?
- Do you have any strategy to ensure that the hand pump will last long?
We provide tools and training to the locals for maintenance and repair of the hand pumps. Also, our team visits regularly to ensure the functionality.
- I am unable to donate for a full hand pump. Can I donate a small amount?
You can donate the amount convenient to you. The small amounts are all gathered for communal hand pump installations from the EPB donors.